Joined: 03/03/2010 11:55:57
With the abilities that these players have please give your strategy on what it would take for them to win. This is not to critcise anyone. This strategy is based on their tennis talent. This list is in no particular order, I just typed as the names came to me. So have fun.
1. Venus Williams: A combination of being agressive & dictating not running all over the court. If she does this she could have 8 slams with her 1st Australian being welcomed to the family.
2. Justine Henin: To play like she did before she retired. Though she made the finals last year she is a better player when she players her brand of tennis. Also she has to not get frustrated and rely on Carlos as much. She needs to focus on the champion within.
3. Kim Clijsters: She needs to bring what she takes to the Us Open, the belief that she can win here. But more than anything she needs to clean up her game because she has been winning with some ugly tennis lately.
4. Ana Ivanovic: She needs to keep playing as well as she did at the end of the year serve up several forehand bombs on her what to the crown. If she stays mentally strong anything is possible.
5. Sam Stosur: She needs to relax first of all and not feel the weight of Australia on her shoulders. Then she needs to serve as big as she can and not do a lot of framing because people consider her to be a player they need to raise their level against now and they will take advantage of any weekness. No doubt the crowd will try to cheer her to the trophy.
6. Caroline Wozniacki: She needs to keep doing what she does well and believe that she can break through here. But the thing is if she runs into a constant big hitter who is firing at all cylinders she could be in trouble but if she digs in she may end up sunny side up.
7. Svetlana Kuznetsova: She needs to be more agressive and restablish the confidence that has brought her 2 slams. She also needs to be patient and not rush the wrong shot.
8. Franchesca Schiavone: She needs to play her heart out and find another level that she did not even know that she had because the ball will be flying thru the court and she will not have as much time to set up her beautiful strokes. She will have to dig in to win.
9. Vera Zvonareva: STAY MENTALLY STRONG. She needs to play her game to the best of her ability and realize that if she runs into those players who get under her skin that she needs to find her center and focus on what will be waiting 2 weeks down the road if she doesn't internally combust.
10. Dinara Safina: She needs to be healthy and find the fight that is still inside. She also needs to believe in herself and not hope that she will win, she needs to do everything she can to win and after lasting every 3 set match she could finally exhale.
11. Na Li: She needs to reduce the errors and serve better because she has real potential here. If she can sustain the good play she may very well hit the jack pot.
12. Jelena Jankovic: Well she needs to serve bigger than usual and be agressive. Being defensive here will not win it for her. If she comes out dictating and taking the ball early she could win.
13. Maria Sharapova: She is going to have to trust herself again. The shoulder will always be in her head but she has to believe that she can fight her way thru anything. She also needs to build confidence at the net. If she can keep her bad errors down and not let people run her all over she could taste success again.
14. Maria Kirilenko: She would literally have to be a wall and let her opponent self destruct. She is a fighter but to win she needs to be agressive and dictate which are not her strengths. If she can dig in and out last several players a surprise could arise.
15. Marion Bartoli: She needs to paint the corners with her angles and take the ball early the entire tournament. She is not fast enough to be drawn into a marathon match. But if she can fight and dictate who knows how far she can go.
16. Daniela Hantuchova: She needs to act like she is at Indian Wells and pich herself after she gets the trophy, lol. If she plays consistent and stays mentally strong no matter what she really could surprise some people.
17. Shahar Peer: She needs to turn defense into offense. She needs to attack every chance she gets because a constant big hitter will have her out of position in no time. If she can dictate and defend the perfect combo she could get the prize.
18. Aravane Rezai: She needs to relax and enjoy her tennis and hit the ball solid. She also needs to go for more winners instead of being happy with just deep heavy shots. In order to win here she is going to have to step it up and she could have a trophy as shiny as her outfit.
19. Alisa Kleybanova: She is going to have to dictate. She can be agressive but too ofter she gets into marathon matches and loses her sting in the process. If she can play smart and agressive she could see the light at the end of the tunnel.
20. Victoria Azarenka: SHE NEEDS TO BE HEALTHY. If she fights like she does for every point and doesn't get down on herself she could finally make get the elusive prize.