Feedback

Tennisearth Logo

Toni Nadal: I hope now Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic will get injured

By Abhimanyu Nagpal    + Follow

Reads: 6,124, Comments: 5

Keywords: Rafael-Nadal
Toni Nadal: I hope now Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic will get injured
Toni Nadal - uncle and coach of Rafael Nadal has said that his nephew has gone through a very har time over the past six months, and that he hopes that Rafa catches a break with Federer and Djokovic getting injured next year.

Former World No.1 Rafael Nadal will return to action in Abu Dhabi his coach and uncle Toni Nadal has confirmed. The Spanish superstar has been out for over six months, uncle Toni also joked that he ‘hopes’ that Federer and Djokovic get injured in 2013.

"My job during these years have always been to face reality, even in the hardest of times. Rafa has developed a real sense of responsiblity as well.”

"We went back to the court, but I can’t tell you if we’ll be able to go back on top, I can’t know it. I hope things will go for the best. We are calm because we know this is the right direction”.

Talking about his rivals, Toni laughingly said: "I hope now Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic will get injured"

Rafa, who is the brand ambassador for the Bacardi Founation was present at various charity events, but doesn’t want to rush his comeback. He did however say that when he returns he will be strong as ever.

"I work to again be the player I was before the injury, and I’m sure I can do it. My goal, when I’ll be back, will be just to do give my best. If then I’ll go back again to be number one, I’ll be happy, but I’ll be satisfied also as number 8."

Add Comment Comments Post Your Views and get tollar1000 Add Comment »See All 5 Comments  | Disclaimer

Posted By gamesmanshipna,   Posted about 542 days and 20 hours ago

Rate Up (3)
Rate Down (21)

Arrogant selfish jerl team as usual.

Posted By abhimanyunagpal,   Posted about 635 days and 0 hours ago

Rate Up (21)
Rate Down (5)

@Joelcooley72: I would suggest you read the article, properly. It has been clearly mentioned that Toni was joking. It was a fun filled conversation. Tennisearth adheres to the highest standard of journalism. This article is in no way meant to offend passionate Nadal fans like yourself, on the contrary its a regular fun filled conversation with Toni.

Posted By Márcia.Fiani,   Posted about 635 days and 6 hours ago

Rate Up (13)
Rate Down (52)

Never ever I read something so disgusting. So, in order to help his precious nephew TN is wishing other players to be injured? This man should be banned from tennis courts forever!

Posted By mimibressler,   Posted about 635 days and 13 hours ago

Rate Up (27)
Rate Down (10)

I think Rafa is not only one of the best players ever, but he is special in so many ways. He cares about others and never puts himself on a pedistal. I just love everything about him!

Posted By joelcooley72,   Posted about 635 days and 15 hours ago

Rate Up (600)
Rate Down (926)

I have a very difficult time believing Toni Nadal would make such an incredibly classless comment about both Djokovic and Federer. The Nadal camp, including Toni, probably as much due to Toni as anyone else, is as well known as any team, sport, and/or individual in the history of all sports to keep to a very high standard in regard to preparing and competing with a very high level of class. I've never heard of anyone within that camp making such a statement, ever, not at any time in Rafa's career. As a result, i'm pretty certain then, damned certain then, that this quote is taken completely out of context, and as a result, tennisearth.com represents nothing less than the journalistic scum that still sours everything that is wrong with freedom of the press in the countries that allow it. I sincerely hope that you will either explain exactly how that quote was stated, or else that you get the same flogging you are getting from me right now, and that your site then loses every ounce of credibility that it may have had from this point forward.__You should be ashamed of yourselves.

CLOSE(X)

US Open, Men Singles  R64
01:50
R64
Stanisl.. (SUI) Winner 3 6 6 3 7
Thomaz Bellucci (BRA) 1 3 4 6 6
Wawrinka - Bellucci    6 - 3    6 - 4    3 - 6    7 - 6
Served By: S Wawrinka Won By: Wawrinka
Game S Wawrinka to T Bellucci : IN, Winner: Wawrinka!!! Wawrinka hits a flat serve at T, Bellucci struggles to put it back.
1-6   T Bellucci to S Wawrinka : IN, Winner: Wawrinka!!! Bellucci aims a high kick serve, Wawrinka returns a backhand return, extended rally, Wawrinka hits a forehand cross-court winner.
  T Bellucci to S Wawrinka : Fault. First Fault.
Upload Photo
Shoot Your Photo with Webcam OR Upload Your Photo
Camera Rays

• Home| About Us| Feedback| Privacy Policy| Terms & Conditions| Recommended Links| News Process|
    Write for Us|