|No Player Found|
By Ajay Tyagi
Reads: 4,032, Comments: 0
It has been a dream run for teenager Melanie Oudin at this year's U.S Open. She has grabbed every one's eye ball with her stupendous run and continues to fancy her chance with dazzling performances.
Oudin emerges as an extension to American hopes after Williams' sisters and a rising star on the WTA Tour.
Tennis Earth brings you some of her personal facts for you
1) Born on 23rd, September 1991 in Marietta, Georgia, United States.
2) Father John Oudin is of French descent and mother Leslie Oudin is American.
3) Has a twin sister Katherine and a younger sister Christina.
4) Former World Junior No 2
5) Idolize Justine Henin as her favourite because "she proved you don't have to be tall to win things."
6) Turned professional in February 2008 and played her first tournament in Miami.
7) Struck the headlines, when she defeated former World No.1 Jelena Jankovic in third round of 2009 Wimbledon Championships.
8) Beaten a Russian in each round so far at U.S Open 2009 till her first QF, Anastasia Pavlychenkova being the first victim followed by hot favourite Elena Dementieva, fashion icon Maria Sharapova next and then Nadia Petrova...
8) Will be the youngest American, after Serena, to reach Grand Slam quarterfinal. Unseeded 17-year will play her first Grand Slam quarter against Caroline Wozniacki as on Wednesday at 2009 U.S Open.
9) Designed the pink and yellow colour for her shoes at U.S Open
10) Oudin flashes “BELIEVE” on her kicks, instead of her name. This idea came from her 15-year-old boyfriend.
|Please Choose Your Gender|